Getting the perfect tan can be hard and harmful for our skin, but using a tanning lotion can give you the ideal tan in a matter of hours, without the harmful rays! Ok, we know it’s not the easiest thing to apply a tanning lotion, it’s not always perfect but we’ll try to help you out with some tips.
1) Exfoliate your skin. Experts recommend to exfoliate with an oil-free product, it helps you get rid of dead skin cells. Also shaving a day before using the tanning lotion, helps remove dead skin from your body. Pay extra attention to parts of your body with thick skin, like elbows and knees.
2)Apply the tanning lotion in sections of the body. Arms, legs and torso. With each application, massage in circular motion. Wash your hands properly after each application.
3) When applying the product in your hands, use a brush to blend the tanner. Also blend the product in your fingers, toes and knees to achieve a pro look.
4) Allow product to dry for 10 minutes and if you want to speed up the process you can use a blow dryer in the cool setting.
5) To maintain your tan, use an oil free lotion. Avoid everything with oil in it, this will only ruin your tan.
6) Remember you still need protection when you go outside! Use a proper sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
Check here to find great tanning lotions.